Friday 13 June 2014

Happy eating with maximum $5 at Pondok Pantai Timur

Starting from today, my blog will have a new topic: “Happy eating with maximum $5 in Singapore”.

The idea behind this new topic is to provide you with some information about “where to find delicious foods with affordable price (max $5) in Singapore”.

You may expect to see this topic every Friday night. So be sure not to miss it.

For the first article on this new topic, I will review about a delicious nasi ayam penyet at Ubi area. The name of this shop is Pondok Pantai Timur. They claimed that their ayam penyet is famous in Changi Village. FYI, this is a Halal food stall.

My sister told me about this shop around 2 years ago when we lived nearby this place, but I didn't have time to go there. Finally after so long, I managed to visit Pondok Pantai Timur last week. The funny thing is, when I live nearby, I don't have time to go there. Now when I stay at Punggol, I purposely spare a time to visit that place.

Let’s start the review:
One set of ayam penyet (smashed chicken) dish consists of rice, Ayam penyet, fried tofu, some types of vegetables, chili and soup.

This ayam penyet is tender and so delicious. The rice is also tasty and the chili is spicy enough. The most important things is that the price is only $5.

Since this place is not near MRT station, it’s better to call first to check whether they open or not. Because based on my experience, they sometimes close the stall in their normal operating hours.


Will I go there again? Yes, of course.  

 Ayam Penyet S$5
 

Pondok Pantai Timur stall

Details
Name: Pondok Pantai Timur
Address: Blk. 301 Ubi Avenue 1
Nearest MRT: Eunos MRT
Contact No.: +65 9476 0220

Opening Hours
Monday-Friday: 08:30AM - 08:30PM
Saturday: 08:30AM - 05:00PM
Sunday: closed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails