Sunday 5 August 2012

The #CookForFamily Initiative

Super big thanks to Daniel Ang for inviting me join the #CookForFamily event. I am really happy to be a part of this initiative event.

#CookForFamily initiative comes from our fellow blogger, Daniel Ang (http://danielfooddiary.com/). It’s about an idea to start cooking and eating together with family. 


Spending more quality time together is an easy way to have a closer and a better relationship.

I totally agreed with him because the happiest time for me is chit-chatting, and eating my mother’s dishes together at home.

Although I am not able to cook at this time, I would like to show off some of my mother’s cuisine that I have had every time I go back to Jakarta.

Some of the dishes are:
- Fried egg with Petai, Chili and Sweet Ketchup
This is my favorites dish. Although it looks simple, the taste is really great.

- BeeHoon with Fried egg, Chicken cube, Chicken Liver and Chicken Gizzard
The best time to eat this dish is when it’s still hot. The Chicken Cube, Chicken Liver and Chicken Gizzard are soft enough and the soup taste is sweet.


- Shrimp with Tomato, Chili and Cucumber Tree
This dish is quite unique because of using the Cucumber Tree. It’s the best to eat with rice. The Shrimps are fresh and the gravy’s taste is sweet, sour (from the Cucumber Tree) and spicy.


- Fried Glass Noodle
The glass noodle is nice.


I believed most of you will agree of this quote: "Like most other children in the world, mother cooks is always delicious". So for mother in the world, thanks a lot for the hardwork and passion to cook for the family. It's really not easy.

Here are some of my mother’s cuisine’s photos. Don't be jealous :p


Fried Egg with Petai, Chili and Sweet Ketchup


BeeHoon with Fried Egg, Chicken cube, Chicken Liver and Chicken Gizzard


Fried Glass Noodle


Shrimp with Tomato, Chili and Cucumber Tree

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails