Monday 23 July 2012

Red Hornbill

Hello all! Today I want to share with you the Sarawak noodle @ bedok hawker centre, called Red Hornbill.

I knew about this place from one of my colleague, "Alex".

He says that over there they have the best Kolo mee in Singapore (this noodle is originally come from Sarawak, Kuching).

Red Hornbill offers 3 different menus: Sarawak Laksa, Kolo mee and Soya Sauce Noodle.


We tried all three dishes.

Sarawak laksa consists of bee-hoon, shrimp, chicken, egg, beansprout and laksa gravy. The portion is big and they are very generous in giving the shrimp and shredded chicken. The laksa gravy is really nice.

The Kolo mee and Soya Sauce Noodle are both nice as well. I think these two types of noodles are kind of similar; the only different is the sauce they used.

I prefer the Soya Sauce Noodle. It's tastier than the Kolo mee and the noodle is not dry because of the soya sauce.

I am really impressed with the owner!! With the range of S$4-$4.50, they are very generous in giving the meat and every dish is in big portion.

Overall, it's really worth to try. I am sure I will revisit them again soon :)


Sarawak Laksa S$4.50



Kolo mee S$4.00

 

Soya Sauce Noodle S$4.00



Red Hornbill

 
Details
Name: Red Hornbill
Address: 205 Bedok North St 1
Nearest MRT: Bedok MRT

Opening Hours
Tuesday-Sunday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM and 4:00PM - 8:30PM
Closed on Monday

2 comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails